Healthy Treats – Chocolate Bliss Balls
Searching for healthy treats for the kids? Give these Chocolate Bliss Balls a go and the kids won’t even realise there is no added sugar.
Chocolate Bliss Balls – What you need: (makes 20)
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates/soaked dried dates
- 1 cup almonds or walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs raw cacao nibs
- 1tbs chia seeds
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
What you do:
- Blend nuts in a food processor
- Add dates, cacao, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and cacao nibs and blend.
- Roll mixture into bite size balls and roll in desiccated coconut.
Refrigerate. Can also be frozen.
Sophie Scott is a local Balgowlah Heights girl giving the Kiwis a helping hand with fitness and nutrition. She used the studio when visiting friends and family over Christmas and introduced us to these amazing treats – http://www.fitandfed.co.nz/sweet-treats.html